Deposit toward a trip constitutes full knowledge and acceptance of all Terms and Conditions.
Bookings and Deposits
- Guided ToursBookings should be made as early as possible to guarantee the departure of your choice. A deposit of $250 per person is required at the time of booking. Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of your deposit at Pacha Tours International, Inc.
- All other toursDeposit is proportional to the cost of the trip. After a booking is processed, there is a $75 charge for each revision. The cancellation penalties of these tours vary and will be outlined on your proposal.
- Because the rates of Pacha Tours International, Inc. are based on group participation or minimum number of nights requirements, no refund can be made for any accommodation, service, or feature not used. If cancellation occurs while the trip is in progress, no refund can be made for the portion not used. All other claims for refunds must be made within 30 days after completion of the trip; otherwise no refunds will be made. All appropriate receipts and documentation must accompany the refund request. We strongly recommend the purchase of “trip cancellation” insurance.
- Deposit toward a booking constitutes full knowledge and acceptance of the cancellation policy. Cancellation must be received in writing (along with all travel documents) before it is processed. Regardless of the cause, the following terms will apply upon cancellation of our regular tours. Special tours or promotional tours may have different cancellation terms.
Land Portion Penalties (per person)
- Booking to 61 days prior to departure: $250.
- 60 days to 15 days prior to departure: 50% of total cost.
- 14 days to 7 days prior to departure: 75% of total cost.
- Less than 7 days to departure or while on trip: 100% of the total cost.
- The $250 non-refundable deposit can be credited to another tour if purchased within one year. Passenger must present a copy of the invoice in order to claim credit.
- For some tours (such as special promotion, winter specials, etc.) full non-refundable payment may be required at the time of booking. In this case, there will be no refund made in case of cancellation.
Airfare Penalties(per person)
- Canceling or changing of air reservation before or after departure may result in airline penalties ranging from $200 to the total cost of ticket depending on the airline.
Cost of the Tour Does Not Include
- International and/or domestic air transportation unless specifically stated; otherwise, expenses of passport, visas, expenses on the United States mainland, laundry, wines, liquor, mineral water, and all items of a personal nature; items not on set menus, expenses of guides, buses or cars for sight-seeing not included in the itinerary, excessive baggage charges, health, accident, baggage, and “trip cancellation” insurance; also tipping for room service and other personal services, gratuity to the tour and driver, and other items not mentioned as being included.
- Pacha Tours International, Inc. cannot be held responsible or liable for loss, damage or theft of personal luggage and belongings, nor can we be liable for personal injury, accident or illness. In most foreign countries, insurance coverage of personal injury, accident or illness is not available on the basis of U.S. standards. That is why we strongly urge you to check with your insurance agent to make sure you are adequately covered for any eventualities. You can purchase additional insurance from either your insurance broker or directly by us to cover luggage, personal effects and accident and health. We strongly recommend the purchase of “trip cancellation” insurance.
Passports and Visas
- It is the clients’ responsibility to make sure they have valid passports and visas to enter their destination countries.
- Pacha Tours International, Inc. reserves the right to decline or retain any person as a passenger if a person’s health, mental condition, physical infirmity, or general deportment impedes the operation of the tour, or the rights, welfare, or enjoyment of other tour passengers. In this case, a refund of unused land tour services is the limit of Pacha Tours International, Inc.’s liability. Pacha Tours reserves the right to not operate any one of the tours offered without notice. On rare occasions, we may need to cancel your tour if there is insufficient demand for your particular tour. If we have to cancel your tour for any particular reason, we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible. In these circumstances, we will, if we are able to do so, offer you an alternative tour of equivalent or closely similar standard and price at no extra cost, or a less expensive holiday, in which case we will refund the difference in price. If you do not wish to take the alternative you will receive a full refund of the amount paid.
- The IATA Carriers, steamship lines and other transportation companies whose services are featured in these tours are not to be held responsible for any act, omission, or event during the time passengers are not on board their respective conveyances. The passage contract in use by these companies when issued shall constitute the sole contract between the companies and the purchaser of these tour and/or passage. Pacha Tours does not assume responsibility for cancellation fees of apex or any special airline fares due to itinerary or departure changes. Air prices are subject to change.
Airline Baggage Regulations
- Please check with airline for up-to-date baggage allowance permitted. Carrier liability for passenger’s baggage is clearly stated on the passenger contract included on all tickets or can be found on file for inspection at the offices of the carrier. Liability to checked and unchecked baggage shall in no event exceed the actual loss incurred by the passenger, subject to proof of the amount of the loss.
- Pacha Tours International, Inc. reserves the right, without notice, to withdraw any part or all of the tour and to make such changes as may be necessary and the extra cost, if any, resulting therefore shall be paid by the tour members. Except where otherwise stated, Pacha Tours International, Inc. acts only as an agent in securing hotel, transportation, and other travel services and in no event shall Pacha Tours International, Inc. be liable in the event of any failure by any person or company to render any transportation, lodging or other travel services to be provided on the tour. All hotels, transportation and other travel services are provided to tour members subject to all the terms and conditions under which they are offered to the public generally. Neither Pacha Tours International, Inc. nor its agents shall be liable for any personal injury, property loss or other damage to any tour member sustained on the tour whether arising out of or incident to the tour or otherwise. Pacha Tours is not responsible for luggage lost by airlines or left behind by passengers; any costs incurred will be the responsibility of the passenger. Any dispute arising out of this trip will be settled in the courts of the city of New York, NY. Force Major Pacha Tours will not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure is as a result of Acts of Nature (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of power sources.
- Inclement weather may necessitate changes in the itinerary as outlined in the responsibility clause. There may also be other circumstances in which changes (such as hotel replacements) become necessary or advisable. Any savings realized by these changes will be passed on to the passengers, any resultant expenses shall be borne by the passengers.